Systems Biologist / Consultant
Would you like to get involved at the forefront of applying AI & big data technology in life sciences research and work with the leading pharma, biotech and research institutions worldwide? If you are a systems biologist with a strong affinity for multi-omics analysis, please read on!
Due to the fast growth of Euretos, we are looking for an experienced systems biologist to join our consulting team. You will be taking a lead role in our contract target & biomarker research projects and academic collaborations. Essential in this activity is a strong systems biology, multi omics based approach. Using the Euretos AI platform you will lead the in-silico discovery and evaluation of target and marker candidates by analysing their role in the molecular mechanisms that influence cell and tissue functions, and in turn mediate phenotypes and disease pathology.
Euretos, (www.euretos.com), provides an AI platform mainly used by pre-clinical researchers for in-silico discovery & validation of targets and biomarkers. World leading pharma, biotech and academic institutions use it to accelerate multi omics research in all major disease areas.
By integrating over 200 different public databases, the platform provides the largest single environment in which the latest multi omics data is interlinked to literature, experimental and clinical evidence.
From the 1st of June 2018 we will be based on the Utrecht Science Park, Yalelaan 1, Utrecht.
- Act as principal investigator on customer research projects responsible for the relevance and scientific quality of the outcome
- Provide the required data, from either public or proprietary sources, for customer specific research projects in a timely fashion and of sufficient quality
- Proactively suggest methodological or functional improvements that may enhance the Euretos research outcomes
- Collaborate and where possible, co-publish with Euretos’ academic partners on the application of Euretos technology in the area of systems biology, AI (such as machine learning) and multi omics analysis
- Proactively contribute to the definition and realisation of the Euretos long term product strategy and roadmap
- Education: University degree in systems biology, molecular biology or biomedical sciences
- Strong systems biology component in the curriculum which studies multi omics in the context of for instance organ(ism) functions or disease mechanisms
- Minimum 5 years working experience as a systems biologist in life sciences research, pharmacology or drug development
- Experience in multi omics analysis in the context of target or biomarker discovery
- Experience as a senior investigator responsible for delivering research outcomes towards an agreed deadline
- Experience in applying in silico methods such as pathway analysis, statistical methods or other types of computational biology methods
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project manage and work with cross-functional teams
Who you are
- Very strong analytical skills with an ability quickly assess scientific literature suggested by the platform to draw relevant conclusions
- Highly articulate in describing research outcomes so they can be readily interpreted
- Strong affinity with IT based, computational methods
- Great communicator that can build a rapport with customers and partners
- Very strong written and verbal English language skills
- Self propelled – take initiative to bring things forward
- Hands-on mentality
- Team player
- Attention to detail
Do you think you are the right person for the job? Then apply now and:
- Send an email to email@example.com or
- Contact Aram Krol on linkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aramkrol/
- Apply on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/629608321/?pathWildcard=629608321&trk=mcm