Bioinformatics data scientist
Would you like to get involved at the forefront of applying AI & big data technology in life sciences research and work with the leading pharma, biotech and research institutions worldwide? If you are a bioinformatician with a passion for machine learning and data analysis, please read on!
Due to the fast growth of Euretos, we are looking for a skilled Bioinformatician with expertise in machine learning to join our platform team. The successful applicant will develop and execute large-scale omics data integration strategies, support contract research and develop machine learning methods to expand the capabilities of the Euretos AI platform.
Euretos (www.euretos.com) provides AI driven research support as well as direct access to the Euretos AI Platform to enable in-silico discovery & validation of targets, biomarkers and indications. By integrating over 250 different public databases, the Euretos platform provides the largest single environment in which the latest multi omics data is interlinked to literature, experimental and clinical evidence.
We enable (pre)clinical researchers to take a systems biology approach connecting molecular multi-omics interactions, through cellular involvement, to the level of functional and phenotypic characterisation that are relevant for a disease or pathology. As part of this effort, Euretos creates computational perturbation models for diseases that make extensive use of AI technologies such as Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing.
You will be working at our offices at the Utrecht Science Park, Yalelaan 1, Utrecht.
- Develop and apply machine learning methods to expand the analytics capabilities of the Euretos AI platform
- Implement data processing pipelines for reproducible analysis of cross-omics data sets
- Implement strategies to integrate a wide range of biological datasets and computational methods into the Euretos AI platform
- Support contract research with data analysis
- University degree, preferably a PhD, in bioinformatics or a related field, with a strong background in machine learning and a mathematical discipline (statistics, physics, or mathematics)
- Expert programmer skills in Python and R, and preferably C++ or Java
- Strong statistical capabilities and proven experience using statistical analysis packages in R or Python.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing statistical models and machine learning methods for analysis of large-scale biological data sets
- Work experience as a bioinformatician/data analyst in life sciences research, pharmacology or drug development
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in analysing genetics or multi omics functional data such as exome sequencing, RNA-sequencing or ChIP-Seq data
- Experience extracting value from large datasets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage projects and work with cross-functional teams
- Experience analysing internal and external data to answer specific research questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong English writing and communication skills
Who you are
- Self propelled – take initiative to bring things forward
- Organized doer with hands-on mentality
- Strong affinity with biology and data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Systematic worker with a strong ability to meet deadlines
Do you think you are the right person for the job? Then apply now and:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Contact Kees Albers on linkedIn: https://nl.linkedin.com/in/kees-albers-721088151