We are hiring - Bioinformatics Scientist
Friday 17 July 2020
Would you like to get involved at the forefront of applying AI & big data technology in life sciences research and work with the leading pharma, biotech and research institutions worldwide? If you are a bioinformatician with a passion for data analysis, please read on!
Due to the fast growth of Euretos, we are looking for a skilled Bioinformatician to join our platform team. The successful applicant will further develop our in-house pipelines for single-cell analysis, cross-omics data integration, disease modeling and target identification to expand the capabilities of the Euretos AI platform.
Euretos (www.euretos.com) provides AI driven research support as well as direct access to the Euretos AI Platform to enable in-silico discovery & validation of targets, biomarkers and indications. By integrating over 250 different public databases, the Euretos platform provides the largest single environment in which the latest multi omics data is interlinked to literature, experimental and clinical evidence.
We enable (pre)clinical researchers to take a systems biology approach connecting molecular multi-omics interactions, through cellular involvement, to the level of functional and phenotypic characterisation that are relevant for a disease or pathology. As part of this effort, Euretos creates computational perturbation models for diseases that make extensive use of AI technologies such as Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing.
You will be working at our offices at the Utrecht Science Park, Yalelaan 1, Utrecht.
- Implement data processing pipelines for reproducible analysis of cross-omics data sets
- Maintain and expand our pipelines for disease modeling, target identification and indication expansion
- Implement strategies to integrate a wide range of biological datasets and computational methods into the Euretos AI platform
- Support contract research with data analysis
- Bachelor or Master degree in bioinformatics or a related field
- Expert programming skills in Python and R
- Demonstrable experience with the analysis of large-scale biological data sets and multi-omics data sets from sequencing (DNA-seq, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq)
- Experience with single cell RNA-Seq data is an advantage
- Experience with metabolomics and proteomics data is an advantage
- Experience with bioinformatics packages such as Bioconductor
- Experience with life science databases such as GEO and Ensembl
- Experience with computing in Linux environments
- Experience with scalable workflow management systems such as Apache Airflow, NextFlow and Docker
- Experience with software development and engineering
- Experience with statistical analysis in R or Python is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Experience analysing internal and external data to answer specific research questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work experience as a bioinformatician/data analyst in life sciences research, pharmacology or drug development
- Strong English writing and communication skills
Who you are
- Self propelled – take initiative to bring things forward
- Organized doer with hands-on mentality
- Attention to detail
- Systematic worker with a strong ability to meet deadlines
Do you think you are the right person for the job? Then apply now and:
- Send an email to email@example.com or
- Contact Kees Albers on linkedIn